Program of the XII-Th. Romanian Apitherapy Congress, Expo, and Workshops with
Last update: October 11
Friday, October 11
09:00 – 10.00 h.
Official opening and visit of „Api-Expo 2019”
10:00 – 10.30 h.
Official opening of the Congres
10:30 – 11.00 h.
History of Beekeeping in Romania
11:00 – 12:00 h.
Moderators: Eliza CAUIA and Adrian SICEANU (Institute of Research and Development for Beekeeping), Bucharest, Romania
- Beekeeping – a traditional occupation – Gabriela VLASCEANU, Iuliana Crișan (Bucharest, Romania)
- Dr. Florin Begnescu (1880-1949), a personality of Romanian Veterinary Medicine, important figure for Romanian beekeeping – Dumitru CURCA (Bucharest, Romania)
Moderator: Prof. Viorica ISTUDOR
12:00 – 12:30 h.
- The melliferous plants from Romania and their importance for apitherapy – Gabriela VLASCEANU (Bucuresti)
12:30 – 14:00 h.
Quality of Beehive products
14:00 – 16:00 h.
Moderators: Otilia BOBIS (USAMV Cluj-Napoca) and Adrian SICEANU (IC-DA Bucharest, Romania)
- Better quality of beehive products through the use of new procedures and treatments to combat the parasite Varroa destructor – Adrian SICEANU, Eliza CAUIA (IC-DA Bucharest, Romania)
- Incidence of antibiotics in bee products. Case study on honey and bee collected pollen. Sources of contamination – Otilia BOBIS, Victoriţa Bonta, Liviu Alexandru Mărghitaş, Daniel Severus Dezmirean (Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
- Methods of honey sterilization for topical applications – Preliminary study of honey sterilization through irradiation – Andrei ZBUCHEA (Ploiești, Romania)
- Specific labeling requirements for bee products used as food or ingredients in food supplements – Tatiana ONISEI, Cristina MATEESCU, Manuela RĂSCOL (Bucharest)
16:00 – 16:30 h.
Bio-Pharmacological Basis of Apitherapy
16:30 – 17:30 h.
Moderators: Prof. Univ. Viorica ISTUDOR (UMF Bucharest) and Dr. Otilia BOBIS (USAMV Cluj-Napoca)
- Solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN) as drug carrier for ocular use of Royal Jelly – Kristina PERMINAITE, Ramanauskienė Kristina, Chiara Sinico, Anna Maria Fadda (Lithuania)
- Could bee products be used in the prevention or treatment of certain diseases? Scientific arguments – Claudia Pasca, Daniel Severus Dezmirean, Otilia BOBIS, Liviu Alexandru Mărghitaș, Victorița Bonta (Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
Round Table on :
News regarding Apitherapy in Romania and the rest of the World
Apitherapy against Arthralgia – Dr. Dmytro Senyshyn (Ukraine)
Moderator Dr. Stefan Stangaciu
17:30 – 18:30 h
Bee and Apitherapy Photos Contest – Presentation of photos
18:30 – 18:40 h.
- Effect of Bee bread on Ulcerative Colitis model in rats – Sibel SILICI, Serhat Özer, Zuleyha Doganyigit (Turkey)
- Effect of Beebread against Anemia and Hepatotoxicity induced by Lead acetate – Sibel SILICI, Serhat Özer, Zuleyha Doganyigit (Turkey)
- The study of chemical composition and biological activity of Lithuanian propolis – Kristina Perminaitė, Kristina Ramanauskienė, Daiva Majienė (Lituania)
- The biological value of bee pollen collected from crop plants – Roxana SPULBER, Teodora COLȚA, Alina IONIȚĂ (Bucharest, Romania)
- The effect of Romanian propolis on adherence of Candida albicans strains to inert and cellular substratum – Teodora COLȚA, Roxana SPULBER, Alina IONIȚĂ (Bucharest, Romania)
- Melliferous plants with medicinal qualities – Nicoleta ION (Bucharest, Romania)
Festive Dinner at Restaurant Bel Mondo, in Herăstrău (optional)
19:30 -22:30 h.
Saturday, October 12
Clinical Basis of Apitherapy (I)
09:00 – 10:30 h.
Moderators: Dr. Stefan STANGACIU and Dr. Claudiu MIHĂESCU (Bucharest, Romania)
- Manuka honey effect on oxidative stress, in intense physical effort of medium-duration – Ramona-Niculina JURCĂU, Ioana-Marieta JURCĂU, Nicolae COLCERIU, Carmen-Angela SRÂNGEU (Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
- Tualang Honey efficiency on memory and learning, short review and clinical study – Ioana-Marieta JURCĂU, Ramona-Niculina JURCĂU, Nicolae COLCERIU (Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
- Bee Venom Injection Techniques – Dr. Claudiu MIHĂESCU (Bucharest, Romania)
10:30 – 11:00 h.
Clinical Basis of Apitherapy (II)
11:00 – 12:30 h.
Moderators: Dr. Cristina PAVEL (Bucharest) and Dr. Stefan STANGACIU
- Application of honey mixed with volatile thyme oil for open suppurating wrist arthritis due to severe electrocution – Andrei ZBUCHEA (Ploiești, Romania)
- The step by step integrative treatment of multiple sclerosis. Clinical cases – Stefan STANGACIU (Mereni-Conțești, Romania)
- Treatment with bee venom, tolerance testing and desensitization in case of allergy – Dr. Stan Mariana (Bucharest, Romania)
12:30 – 13:00 h.
13:00 – 14:30 h.
Clinical Basis of Apitherapy (III)
14:30 – 16:45 h.
Moderators: Dr. Cristina PAVEL and Dr. Steluța GEORGESCU MARIUTAN (Bucharest, Romania)
- The efficiency of Api-phyto-therapy in patients with Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) – Dr. Steluța Georgescu Mariuțan (Bucharest, Romania)
- Api-phyto-therapy for man infertility. Clinical case – Dr. Steluța Georgescu Mariuțan (Bucharest, Romania)
- New clinical cases of autoimmune diseases treated with apiphytotherapy – Dr. PAVEL Cristina (Bucharest, Romania)
- Usage of a special bee product dressing in the wound healing process in both humans and animals – Octavia Tamas-Krumpe, Cornelia DOŞTEŢAN ABĂLARU, Ștefan Stângaciu, Mureșan George, Mihai si Laurenț OGNEAN (Romania)
16:45 – 17:15 h.
Round Table, Conclusions and Ceremony Awards
17:15 – 17:40 h.
General Assembly of the Romanian Apitherapy Society (at FIITEA)
18:00 – 20:00 h.
Sunday, October 13
at FIITEA Apimondia
Intensive Course and Workshop: Api-Phytotherapy in Anti-Aging
Monday, October 14
Technical Tour at:
- Apitherapy Center from Bucharest (the oldest Apitherapy Center in the world) – C.A. Rosetti street, nr. 31, Bucharest
- Medica Laboratories, Otopeni
- Dr. Stefan Stangaciu’s Apitherapy Center and Youness Clinic from Dambovita county
The start of the trip will be from the parking of the Beekeeping Institute for Research and Development, Bucharest, Boulevard Ficusului nr. 42, at 09:00 h.